Monday, October 15, 2012

Sentinels...

Whew!  The Sentinels are finished!  I love them and from knee-high (yes, I did) they are scary enough for TOT's.

As previously mentioned I love Pumpkinrot's creatures.  I have five!  I wanted them 7' tall to frame the front door and to be menacing.  So, with buckets of cement, PVC pipe, duct tape, sheets, fabric from a friend's drapery business, chicken wire, Funkins, and sagebrush....they were work.  A lot of firsts for me.  First time to mix cement from a bag...first time to dye fabric (king size sheets)...first time carving Funkins... first time using sagebrush (it's brittle). 

The flicker lights for the heads are a little more showy than my vision.  I like the broken bits from the sagebrush twisted into the fabric.  Seems to give them a "rising from the ground" look.  Also, like the way the fabric flows in the wind.  I still need to add the bats around their heads, a little webbing, etc. and we're good to go.

Sentinels


From knee-high ~ he looks right at you



 
All in all...I'm happy.  Halloween is so close...

PS ~ You do know, Mr. Rot, that this is a huge compliment to you?  You make us try so much harder...

For inspiration...   Pumpkinrot.com 

10 comments:

  1. Stunning...absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had kids on their way to school stop with their parents ~ love the looks on their faces. It's a great season already...

      Delete
  2. these guys look fantastic! excellent pics as well--I love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I like having you out there....checking in...making me smile...

      Delete
  3. Rot's post brought me here...I'm in awe and so very inspired. Your declaration of "firsts" lets me know that it is possible...this is my first time to your site but I really hope you've posted a tutorial on these or maybe other posts of your progress...I'd love to make these for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! A tutorial? I've never given that much thought but I will. And I'd love to help you and see your creations. You have no idea how intimidating fabric dye was to me! Crazy ~ it's easy but a pain. I have a couple of in-progress photos. Give me until after Halloween to post those...if you need sooner..I'll see what I can do.
      Thanks for taking the time to look and for your interest.

      Delete
  4. Rot has influenced and encouraged so many people. Beautifully executed . . . and you have the perfect porch for them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! I truly am in AWE of Rot's talent, vision, being able to make those visions happen....phenominal. Thanks for taking the time to visit...very much appreciated!

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I will be checking back here regularly! Its amazing how you brought Pumpkinrot's pieces to life....or full size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It would be great having you visit again...

      Delete