Friday, November 12, 2010

One idea lights a thousand candles...

"One idea lights a thousand candles." 
    --Ralph Waldo Emerson

So, I have a great idea for a new prop for the graveyard 2011.  Ideas come from just the smallest of flickers of thought sometimes.  Ideas come from a big thump on the head other times.  I have a couple of tombstones in our graveyard that mean absolutely nothing to anyone other than me.  This prop might ring true for more than just me...

I see the backs of an older couple walking hand in hand.  Devoted, still deeply in love.  A light snow falling representing the winter of life.  Now, forward to spring.  I see two corpses with their hands clutched around each others throats in a death grip.  My title..."Retirement."

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, what an interesting idea! I look forward to seeing how you 'execute' this!

    ReplyDelete